11.9.06

you get what you deserve

HOWARD KURTZ, RELIABLE SOURCES HOST: Welcome back to RELIABLE SOURCES. We turn now to the controversy surrounding the docudrama, "The Path to 9/11."

This, of course, has been the subject of a furious lobbying campaign by former Clinton administration officials and Democrats who want the movie changed or taken off the air.

My question to you, Emily Rooney [executive editor and host of "Greater Boston" and "Beat the Press" on "WGBH."], should "ABC" be embarrassed at put on a $40 million movie on this still very painful subject of 9/11, with a number of made-up scenes and made-up dialogue, that only in recent days has the network been scrambling to fix?

ROONEY (angry and disgusted): Well, there's no such thing as being embarrassed anymore. The only people who should be embarrassed are the ones who tune in to watch this. My feeling is it's like an Oliver Stone movie, you get what you deserve if you tune in and watch this.

It's fiction. It's a novel. I can't even believe it's engendered the kind of acrimony that it has. I mean, I'm so uninterested in this, I force myself to read the articles about it.

---CNN's, RELIABLE SOURCES, Sept. 10, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home